11 Mart 2011 Cuma

cinema

Last Saturday ı went to cinema with my cousin.Movies’ name is ’72.KOĞUŞ’.  koğuş means ‘room in prison’.  it includes very interesting-cathcy stages and some of them affected me much and when ı saw on my dream like nightmare, ı noticed that. Story is about connection between humanity and money, we faced stm cruel  stm tragicomic point when we watched. 72.koğuş has prisoners,called 'adembabalar', have no money...they are always hungry, and have no clothes, no beds..they  reminded me zombies. they are not normal. Moreover it was adapted from Orhan Kemal'S novel. According to movie we can easily notice that famine and poorness were prevailing almost all Turkey because of II.Word War (1940s). and there is a men in there Ahmet Kaptan,is a honest, pure and try to survive and to keep  others alive, helped them in this situation. when a women(Fatma) prisoner came to the same place he fell in love seriously and his life and his decision  changed for her, therefore he did sth that he believed it was wrong, but he did for her...aaannnnddd that is the most interesting stage that ı'm surprised , this women had never known nothing about him; what a unhappy point:(  a lot of bad events they faced. at the end humanity died, Ahmet kaptan died with his dream;his mother, fatma and himself together,  because of strong  winter like other 'adembabalar'... seemingly I told almost whole movie but these all affected me more...and lastly ı may say the story or effects are not real, ı think that allis author's fantasy....

2 yorum:

  1. The film sounds depressing. I think so many of the really good Turkish films have the same tine. I think that is partly due to the fact that there are so mnay silly films made in America that the Turkish directors want to make something real. Also I think that it satisfies the Turkish audiences who always like some melancholy in their art, dimi? I have always wanted to read some of Orhan Kemal books but Ihave never found the time, I will try to see this film. Can I get it on DVD now? I very much like the films of Nuri Bilge Ceylan. I think that there are many interesting stories to tell in Turkey and unfortunately due to finances or lack of pride, I am not sure, they are not being told. We can see a huge explosion in the popularity of films from countries like India and Brazil, but not from Turkey. I hope that this changes.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. yeess turkish audiences love reality and melancholy; also they like comedy. two opposite type of cinema they prefer to horror, adventure movies.
    Maybe you know 'Babam ve Oğlum' is one of the best in this area; tragedy and reality.it was made in 2005 and still so popular. it affected all people from all age in Turkey. if you didn't watch ı may suggest to watch:) it is about effect of 1980 military coup.
    72.koğuş is new, so we can' find its DVD easily.
    and of course Nuri Bilge Ceylan is an important icon for Turkish cinema. but ı haven't watched any of them yet but ı follow him from news...
    for your last sentences; ı hope so :)

    YanıtlaSil

About